Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Grateful....

I'm grateful for my childhood. I'm grateful that my parent's weren't afraid to tell me no. They taught us the value of a dollar (some of us a little too well, ahem Josh.... Richie). They didn't give us everything we wanted and we did Saturday morning chores. We had to eat our veggies and at least a tablespoon of everything on our plate. They didn't come running every time I got a little scrape but I always knew I was welcomed at home. We always had bedtime stories, lullabies and family night once a week (even though we fought as often as we played. Don't try to deny it Mom). I'm grateful for great parents that taught us how to be great parents and I see this through my brother and sister. I can't wait to have these traditions and memories with my own kids and hopefully, have them turn out as awesome as we did :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm OBSESSED with your mom in this picture. How adorable is she. I seriously LOVE me some old pictures. I think you turned out quite great indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart, you just made my week! Thank you for being able to see past all our weaknesses and glean the gold nuggets! We really have alot of fun and great memories! I love YOU!

    ReplyDelete