Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Numero Uno

I've been feeling especially grateful lately. It might have to do with reading all my friends/family posts of daily gratefulness or maybe I am just feeling especially wonderful because my 5 1/2 months of morning sickness has FINALLY ended... either way, I'd like to take the daily challenge of finding things to be grateful for. However, I don't think it should be too hard....I can't think of being grateful without thinking of my baby daddy.


Yes, this man is my complete package. Even through all the trials and hard times that we've had in our 5 1/2 years of marriage, I've never had to question whether he is the man for me, or whether or not he loves me with his whole, complete heart. I would never be able to list all the reasons I am grateful for Evan but here are a few....
1.  He's a news junkie. NPR News is his favorite app, he can tell you about almost anything going on.
2. In fact, you can bring up almost any subject and he can tell you random facts and trivia.
3. His laugh- loud and wonderful. Movies are so much more funnier with him laughing by my side
4. His desire to be the best daddy. He always talks about the things he's going to do with our baby and he gets this calm, dopey look on his face when we look at baby things. It warms my heart.
5. He understands that flowers, peanut M&M's and Mr. Goodbars genuinely make me happy. So does Sushi, foot massages and when he mows the lawn in perfect straight lines.
6. He tells me he loves me all the time.
7. He has my name tattooed on his arm. Usually I'm not all about tattoos but the fact that my name is a part of him is kindof romantic.  
8. He stills feels the need to tell me to wear my seatbelt and drive safe. He can be over-protective but I know it's only because he cares so much.
9. He loves my family.
10. He gets excited over things like McRib sandwiches and jellybean Statue of Liberties.


I'm so grateful for you, Jeffrey Evan Reid!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Liss...I love you and am so glad to hear you have a winner of a husband! He needs to be to deserve you! I love your grateful lists--I look at the one you made me in our Junior yearbook sometimes. I miss being close. I'm glad to hear you no longer have morning sickness-any ideas on a name? Btw, awesome pics of the glacier in Alaska! You're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the sight of the McRib makes me want to gag!

    I still remember how happy you seemed when the two of you walked out of the temple. Hooray for love.

    Can't wait to see you in the next 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete