Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Giving Thanks Catch Up

Since I've started this late, here are a few things I'm grateful for to make up for the days I missed! :)

1. I'm thankful for the sun and warm weather- Especially on cold, gray days like today!

2. I'm thankful for warm beds, my warm bed in particular- There's nothing I love more than snuggling in bed with my hubby and occasionally, two snuggle puppies that worm their way under the covers.

3. I'm thankful for modern medicine- I don't think I would have survived these past 5 1/2 months of morning sickness without Zofran (takes away nausea). And now Zantac is my new best friend (for heartburn). I usually not a big advocate of pills and drugs but when its absolutely necessary, it can be a heaven-send!

4. I'm thankful for beautiful music- I love all music but I'm especially grateful for music that is so beautiful, you can hardly listen to it with being awe-struck. A few examples: Claire de Lune- Debussy, 3rd Movement Violin Concerto No. 3- Mozart, Canon in D Major- Pachelbel, Phantom of the Opera- Andrew Lloyd Weber, anything by James Horner or John Williams, Stradivarius- Kurt Bestor, Eddie Vedder's Voice

5. I'm thankful for lists- It's true. I love lists. I will make a list for anything, it helps me to be organized and feel like I'm not losing my mind. I'm sure that this month's blog will be inundated with lists so just go with it.

6. I'm thankful for animals, tasty animals- as I sit here eating my Lemon Peppered Rotisserie chicken, I can't help but think how much more wonderful my life is because of chicken, fish (SUSHI), turkey, cows and pigs.  I've been looking forward to Thanksgiving since July just because of eating delish turkey. I'm against animal cruelty but all about using what God gave us. For my vegan friends, don't hate a pregnant girl for loving her food.

7. I'm thankful we own two cars. The registration has been out on one of them since June so we've been only driving one car and I am so thankful that this is only a temporary situation. I know there are many people who share a car and I applaud you.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Eddie Vedders voice is among your list of beautiful music. I agree.

    ReplyDelete