Things I Never Knew About Pregnancy....
- I never knew how excited I would be for a Dr's appt. "You want me to pee in this cup? Awesome! You're going to stick your hand where? Sweet! I've gained 10 lbs? Score!"
- I never knew that at least half of my pregnancy would be spent in the bathroom. I'll leave out the details...
- I didn't know that my stomach size would fluctuate so much hour-to-hour. Drinking a glass of juice will make my stomach go from "barely pooch" to full on pregnant looking within 15 minutes.
- My inner-freak-serial-killer comes out in dreams. So far, I've killed a dozen people, die a gruesome death at least once a night (last night was a bear attack) and I literally say in my dreams the term "very violent" multiple times.
- It seems like now that I'm pregnant, everyone is pregnant. I noticed at least 3 pregnant women every time I go out. I'm sure it helps living in Utah...
- You really do join an un-official "Mom" club. Random people talk to me, people who have never talked to me at church are now my new best-friends, talking with friends who have kids, it's crazy. I'm half expecting to get a membership card in the mail with a monthly newsletter.
- Cravings are a real thing and mine is anything salty. Pretzels, Popcorn, Beef Jerky, Sour Cream & Onion Pringles, and Crispy meat are all part of my daily diet. *FYI: Crispy meat is this little snack I used to make as kid that I randomly started craving. You get the thinnest slice of deli meat, put it on a plate and cover it with lemonjuice and put it in the microwave until the edges start to pop, cover it with more lemonjuice and then roll it up and eat it. Sounds gross but its my fav now. Hey, at least its not ice cream and pickles, right? Right? nbsp;
- I'm sure there will be many more experiences to come! I'm just grateful to have my best friend by my side and to go through these experiences with Evan!

hahahaha, very funny. i laughed out loud atleast 3 or 4 times.....very violent.... hahaha
ReplyDeleteLol--very violent! That is HILARIOUS. I am not surprised either about the unofficial mom club. Maybe I'd be accepted into the many R.S. cliques if I was pregnant--I would not be impressed if so.
ReplyDeleteSo, I have actually been also having lots of violent and scary dreams, actually they go in spurts. I have noticed that they usually happen before something important happens in my life. I was just thinking about that today (had more again last night) and so I looked it up online. Of course, you may believe this is true or not, but I think it makes sense.
ReplyDeleteWe all seem to recognise nightmares. Often we can have scarey and violent dreams and yet we would not describe them as nightmares. Yet other dreams may lack violence yet may be described as nightmares. The best person to judge this is the dreamer. We have all had nightmares but what type of real issues do nightmares tend to link to in practice? Obviously traumatic events can affect you such as deaths of people close to you or accidents. Many nightmares can link to a need to be aware of a risk such as mothers who need to be aware that their toddler is starting to open doors and get into all kinds of trouble. We take all kinds of risks and our dreams may be reminding us of all the dreadful things that can go wrong such as the people we are being rude to and offensive to may suddenly retaliate. Issues of trust are also important. The inability to trust someone after they have clearly failed to repay our trust is important. If have the strength to trust again then we are clearly taking a risk(so risk is clearly important in that as well). Nightmares can also result from changes in our life. The mind prefers to have a settled environment and so it dislikes change.
QUESTIONS to help you make associations(pick the one that makes most sense to you)
- Did you take some risk yesterday and not really realize just how serious the consequences may have been?
- Have you started to realize that things are about to change?
- Do you mistrust someone at the moment?
- Do you find it difficult to trust?
- Are you suffering a serious illness which has been getting you down?
- Are you wanting to do something that may have serious consequences?
KEY WORDS : Risky, making sense, illness, trust, change, abused, consequences
That is what it said on a website that I found. And it seems logical. Being a mother would be a BIG change, so that could cause your mind to be unsettled and have strange dreams.
Thanks for thinking of me Jean! Yeah, I've always had crazy dreams so it makes sense that when something as big and life-changing as a baby is happening, I've been watching more movies at night because I've been feeling sick and don't really want to do anything else AND my hormones are raging out of control... I have freaky dreams!
ReplyDelete