So Evan and I drove Richie and Angell down to Las Vegas to the airport and we made a little trip out of it. Evan has only been there once when we stopped for lunch at Caesar's Palace when we were just driving through so we had a good time walking around all the different casinos and people watching. The Luxor was our favorite and we've decided that we have to stay there someday! On our way out, we decided you couldn't go to Vegas without trying the slot machines so we each took $5 (high rollers, I know). Evan was super excited that his $5 turned into $25 (he was using his really, really loud laugh. You know what I'm talking about) and I almost became addicted when I lost my $5 and was trying to find a different "lucky" machine. Luckily Evan dragged me out before I tried to spend (and probably lose) the money he had just won. :) We were really excited to eat at Cheesecake Factory but it turned out to be a bust. We paid $16 for a Chicken Romano to split (usually more than enough for both of us) but turns out that when you eat during the day, you pay regular prices but get half "lunchtime" portions. The waitress never brought the bread out (like the best part of Cheesecake Factory), we weren't full from our "lunch" portion and we didn't even SEE our waitress for a good 50 mins (except for when I went to the bathroom and saw her chatting up some waiter) so we opted no on dessert so we could get the heck out of there. We still had a good time though!
Evan was really excited about this Statue of Liberty made out of Jelly Bellies. It's one of the only times I really remembering him suggesting that we take a picture, usually I'm always the one.
My favorite quote from the day, "Those guys are German... follow them!!"
Oh and the only other bad thing, I was wearing really crappy shoes and my leg starting hurting (right under my butt) and it just kept getting worse and worse. I pretty much pulled a muscle from walking around. The ride home sucked because I could hardly even sit on my left side and my leg kept going numb. Pregnancy has made me wuss...... oh well, I've heard its worth it :)







I'd really like to go to Vegas sometime soon, its fun even without gambling. I'm just like you-I could be an addict, Nate and I played a little on the cruise for our honeymoon. Sorry to hear about the leg, I've almost got the same thing, but its bike butt.
ReplyDeleteI love the jelly-belly statue of liberty. That made me laugh! I so hope that you do not get sciatica when you get further along. It sucks.
ReplyDelete