****IT'S A BOY!!****
Evan and I had our first regular ultrasound on Friday and it was amazing. But let me back up... A couple weeks ago, I took the triple screen (a blood test that checks the levels of certain proteins in your blood. You have to take it at a certain time during your pregnancy and it checks for risks against things like Down Syndrome and Spina Bifida). My results came back abnormal. A normal "risk ratio" for a girl my age is 1/1300 and mine came back 1/30. We were both pretty freaked out and couldn't help thinking of the 'what if's'. After a few talks and a couple days to think it over, we knew that whatever this baby may be like, it was meant for our family and we would love it more than anything.
We had our regular ultrasound set up for today but because of the abnormal findings, we had to have a more detailed ultrasound at the hospital and they had an opening last Friday. I was very nervous but Evan was more excited just to see the baby and find out the sex and finally, it wore off on me and I was excited too. Turns out I am 4 weeks earlier than they originally thought (15 weeks instead of 19) and that's why the results came back abnormal. It ended up being a blessing in disguise because we had an AMAZING tech. Since the ultrasound was so much better, I didn't have to drink 16 ounces before to have a full bladder, which is something I wasn't looking forward to. My friend said that her ultrasound was terrible because the Dr. was pushing so hard on her stomach, she thought she was going to pee her pants. And they even gave us chocolate raspberry cake, which anyone who knows me knows that I love dessert more than anything! It was amazing to see the little guy moving around and bending and straightening his legs and I swear he even waved at us (we have a picture to prove it) haha. It was enough to make all the throwing up and nausea and sciatica pain and general uncomfortableness worth it (and he's only as big as an avocado so I'm sure it just gets better from here)!!
 |
| The side view. It's crazy how big their bellies are! |
 |
| His profile and hand |
 |
| He looks like the Terminator. But he's waving so its ok :) |
 |
| Stretching his legs |
 |
| Feet | | | |
wooow!!!! HOW EXCITING!!! THATS SOOO COOL! CONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Congrats!! I guess I was wrong on my guess-I guessed a girl :) Hope you're doing well! Congratulations again, any names?
ReplyDeleteI love the feet picture. It is my favorite, but you know how I am. The Terminator picture made me laugh. Oh isn't it amazing to know he is inside of you, listening to your voice and heartbeat? Soon you will start to get to know his personality through his movements. It is so awesome to see him. I miss you and hate that I'm missing all this.
ReplyDeleteoh boy oh boy oh boy!!! had to say it :)
ReplyDelete