...double layer cakes and I don't mix!
It all started a couple of months ago when Evan and I were talking about different kinds of cakes (don't ask me why, we just were) and Evan said he thought it would be really cool to have a cake that looked like a giant piece of steak. Immediately, I began plotting how I could make the most awesome steak cake. I was going to use those reusable tin pans and "shape" the pan in the form of a tbone steak. Double fudge chocolate cake with raspberry filling, and chocolate frosting with a white frosting tbone center. It was all perfect....... except that I forgot that double layer cakes hate me. Needless to say, "shaping" a pan is much harder than it sounds and the whole thing was a mess... I couldn't dishonor the name of steak cake with this gooey mess so I didn't even try to make it "steak-like". Here's my masterpiece..... (and yes, this is exactly how I served it)
At least it was tasty, that's all that matters......... right?



LOL!! That is hilarious! It reminds me of a cake you brought to me once...after you tried giving it several other people with no avail. At least you tried...better than what I can say.
ReplyDeleteLove it!!
ReplyDeleteHa ha, awesome! But it does still look tasty somehow.
ReplyDeleteoh and it was... so, so tasty!
ReplyDelete