I feel like my house looks like this:
When I want it to look like this:
Ok, maybe not EXACTLY this but something that is open, comfortable and simple.
The problem is, I'm too sentimental... I have 5 boxes full of things from my childhood. FIVE! I have a hard time throwing things away because I think that one day, my daughter might want to play with my porcelain dolls or maybe I'll finally make a T-Shirt quilt with the gazillion shirts I've been holding on to. And do I really need my 30 different troll dolls or what about the plastic Chimpanzee-Gorilla figurines that I desperately wanted and finally collected all of them?
The other thing, is that I think of projects I want to do so I'll save things but then never get around to actually completing (and in some cases, actually starting) the project.
The result? I feel like I have too much stuff to be able to get organized. SO, here's my solution (and also my New Year's Resolution)... I want to get rid of AT LEAST half of the stuff I'm holding onto this year and either finish projects or throw them away. So wish me luck and let me know if you want anything :)
P.S. anyone else have a new year's resolution?



It is hard to get rid of the stuff that is sentimental to you, but you can do it! I had four very large rubbermaid bins full of stuff, and this past Thanksgiving break I managed to weed it out to one bin. The extra space is great. I don't miss the other stuff because I never saw it anyway or used it. There's no regret after doing it--so don't let it hold you back! I don't have any other resolutions than hopefully getting straight A's this year...it won't be the funnest task.
ReplyDeleteMine is to read the Ensign each month and not just have it looking nice on the end table! Why is that so hard for me? I love to read but am always busy with other "to do" lists. First things first, right?
ReplyDelete