Baby Countdown: 7 days
I can't believe I will be a Mommy in just 7 days. People keep asking how we're feeling so here's the truth. We're so, so, so excited to have a baby and see what kindof little monster we've created. Will he have brown eyes or green? Light hair or dark? My buggle bum or Evan's ultra loradosis? We are feeling nervous and overwhelmed to think we will have a son and the lasting impact that the decisions we make will have on him. I think Evan's also a little excited to get his non-hormonal wife back (even though he won't admit it to my face). I'm a little sad that I won't be pregnant anymore. Even though I pretty much was miserable the first 7 months, these past couple of weeks have been awesome and I'm secretly (and selfishly) thankful that I got to be the one to have Griffin in my belly for 9 months and feel his little kicks and jabs. It really is amazing to feel something other than your own body (or lets be honest, indigestion) move your belly around.
Most of you know that Griffin is breech so we are having him a little early so I don't go into labor on my own. A week from today (February 1st, he'll be 39 weeks) we'll go to the hospital where my doctor will attempt to turn him the right way (called an External Cephalic Version, for those of you that like details). If she's successful, I'll be induced and have the baby like usual. If she can't turn him, I will have to have a cesarean. We're obviously hoping she can turn him but at today's appointment, she said his little bum was wedged pretty good in my pelvis so we're preparing for either way. Either way, we're just happy that everything else is healthy with him. I'm mostly just praying that I get over this stupid cold so I'm not sick AND giving birth!

yay! Yay!! YAY!!! I am so excited for you! I wish more than anything that I would be there to meet Griffin. I can't wait to see pictures. I love you!
ReplyDeleteYou're going to be one AMAZING mommy in 7 days! WOW! I've been told that the turning process is worse than the c-section--some would rather skip the whole "External Cephalic Version" So, I hope it goes well. I love the name Griffin--super cute!
ReplyDelete