Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cause We Are The Champions... of the Woooooorld!

On Saturday, I went to watch my Dad and brother compete in the Yuba Dam Triathlon (Evan has a Saturday class and couldn't come). They swam half a mile, biked 6 mls and ran 3 miles. We woke up at 4:30 am to make the drive down there and it was FREEZING. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, my coat, beanie, gloves, etc and I was still cold. Luckily they delayed the race a 1/2 hour and it made it a LITTLE warmer but I still couldn't help feeling grateful that I wasn't one of the people in a wetsuit jumping in the water!

Getting out of the water.... It was crazy how disoriented and dizzy people were as they were getting out of the water. More than one person tripped and fell or couldn't walk in a straight line.
Heading out for the 6 miles...
We were sitting on the side of the road, waiting for the bikers to start coming back so we decided to take a picture. Right as I picked up my camera, we saw my Dad ride by so I missed getting a picture of him but luckily, I got Richie!

The last little stretch before the Finish Line!!!
VICTORY!!! (Queue: Queen's 'We Are The Champions')
Although I have never had any desire to do anything of this sort, I think its awesome that there are people who do and I'm so proud of my Dad and Richie for training and kicking the triathlon's butt! (maybe next year they will go for the Olympian, everything is twice as far). Way to go guys!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!! I'll do it with them in 2 years when I get back!!!

    ReplyDelete