I have to be honest. The older I get, the less excited I feel for my birthday. Not that I care that I'm getting a year older or that I hate birthdays, they just always seem anticlimactic. I look at it more as an excuse to take the day off and do stuff with the people I love. I started the day as usual (throwing up anything I tried to eat from about 6 am to 10 or 11) then Evan picked me up and took me to Salt Lake. We enjoyed some tasty street tacos and then went to the zoo. One of the things I love most about Evan is that he loves dorky things as much as I do and that includes going to the zoo. We had so much fun looking at all the animals and since all the kids are in school, there was practically no one there (and 85 degrees outside)! It was perfect . We were so excited to see a bunch of animals that are on Planet Earth (snow leopards and bactrian camels from the gobi desert). Both are very, very rare.
Later, we met up with my family and went to La Jolla Groves, this awesome place down in Provo. Richie works there on Wednesday night so he got to be with us too!

Nate and I like to go to the zoo too! I love seeing the Elephants. I'm glad you had a good birthday (even though I agree with you that the day of celebration isn't as fabulous as it used to be) I hope you can get past the throwing up stage soon!
ReplyDelete