Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

"My baby is adorable and I'm incredibly happy..."

Here's a big secret about me: I'm a huge eavesdropper. Especially if its a first date and it's really awkward and each couple is throwing out their "A-Game" material... "I love kids and I just look forward to having my own someday" or a classic for the girl where she tries to be cute and ends up looking like she has the mental capacity of a 3 yr old "O-M-G. I love football. I go to matches all the time... or is that basketball. I just love them all!". Or even better when they try to look cool and they end up sounding like a huge snot....

The other day I had a few hours to kill in Salt Lake so I went to a little cafe where I made the mistake of sitting next to a table with THE most obnoxious girl. She was on (I'm assuming) a "coffee date" because the guy couldn't quite commit to a whole night of dinner with her, testing the waters if you will and personally, I think she failed miserably. She laughed way to loud at everything he said, talked loud enough for even the guy in the back washing dishes to give her a dirty look and talked incessantly about how hard it was to be hot because so many guys would ask her out. (she was NOT even remotely "hot", just for the record) And when the guy mentioned that it was weird all his friends and family were settling down and having babies, she went off on a random tangent about how much she hates facebook and blogs because all people do is talk about how cute their babies are and "like, how happy they are.. and like, put all these pictures up of their kids....I don't care how cute they think their kids are". And she talked about it for 20 mins. Really, really loudly. So I would like to dedicate this blog to the Loud-Talking-Baby-Hating-Probably-Going-To-Be-Single-For-The-Rest-Of-Her-Miserable-Life-Doesn't-Know-The-Difference-Between-Football-And-Basketball Cafe Girl. I title this:

My baby is adorable and I'm incredibly happy...

Griffin is working on the fine art of being able to fit his whole fist in his mouth.

He loves the mobile on his swing!

Dinner with Auntie Gelly. He was really hungry at this point. That's why he's trying to neck on her neck...

Immunizations in his fat little legs!

Cuddle time with Daddy

Helping Mommy at work!

Smiley time with Grandpa

I love how Kaiser is looking at him like, "And what do you think you're doing?"

Chunky Monkey

Going for a walk


With Grammy
Tummy Time with mommy



What are you doing to me!!

4 comments:

  1. He really is adorable Liss! Very cute. Love to have an excuse to see the cuteness--especially since I'm a state away. I also love the "art" of putting his whole fist in his mouth :) you look beautiful by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY CRAP!! Finn looks SO MUCH like Van in the first picture where he's shoving his whole fist in his mouth. That tripped me out. I LOVE the last picture! He is just looking at you with such adoration! Every time I see pictues I just get more excited to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, you are so funny. If she hates them so much why does she read them?

    ReplyDelete