Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Griffin this, Griffin that...

 Here are some more pictures I've taken of Griffin. I can't even explain how much this little bugger means to me. We've had such a good week together and Evan and I have loved bonding with our little mini-me. He's a decent  night-sleeper, waking up every 3 hrs or so but during the day, he sleeps alllllllllll daaaaaaaaaay loooong. My biggest frustration is trying to wake him up during the day to get him to eat so he doesn't lose any more weight! He's also a really heavy sleeper: vacuums, dogs barking, my annoying neighbor's incredibly loud truck, nothing will wake him up! He usually only cries for three reasons: when we wipe his bum with a cold wipey, when Evan gives him kisses and his whiskers scratch Griffin's face and ... I can't think of the third reason but I'm sure there is one.

Yesterday when Evan came home from work and said, "Hello Family!!", Griffin got a huge smile on his face and actually woke up. He knows his Daddy already! A few of my favorite things...
  • his arms are ALWAYS up by his face and his legs are either curled up around his body or stick straight. Sometimes when I get him out of bed, his legs and arms are curled up around himself so that the arms and legs on the p.j.s are just limp and empty
  • Sometimes when he's eating, he makes this weird swallowing sound that sounds EXACTLY like Gary from Spongebob. "Meooooow"
  • His cry is very mellow and pathetic sounding
  • When he looks RIGHT at me and smiles. 
  • He's a little squeaker, he's always making little squeaky noises. I love it!
 

I LOOOVE this picture, he looks like a little Yoda Old Man!



My boys


This is him "awake"



One of the few moments he has both eyes open, all the way.

3 comments:

  1. He really is super cute Liss. I love to read about how happy you are to be a mom! I'd love it even more to actually see you being a mom and meet Griffin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH!!! I just want to squeeze him! He is so beautiful! I hate that he is going to be so old the first time I see him! I love the basket picture and the one where he is awake. He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 1st pic is so adorable. Your lil guy is the cutest :-) You are blessed!

    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete